We may collect Personal Data automatically, when You give it to us directly, or when we receive it from other sources. We do this to operate effectively and provide You with the best experience with our Services.
Personal Data means any information that can be used directly or indirectly to identify You or a member of Your family. We collect it to operate effectively and provide You with the best experience with our Services.
We may collect Personal Data automatically, when You give it to us directly, or when we receive it from other sources such as our partners (as set forth below) or social media accounts You choose to link to our Services.
The Personal Data we collect depends on the context of Your interactions with our Services, and the choices You make and may include the following:
- Contact and identification information such as Your name and Your child’s name, Your phone number, email address, postal address, date of birth, identification document numbers, copies of identification documents (for example passport, driving licence, utility bills), personal description, social handles, photographs and other similar contact information;
- Financial information such as the last four digits and expiry date of Your debit card number, bank account information, bank sort code, IBAN, payment reason, footprint of your credit history, and other similar financial information.
- Transaction information such as date, time, amount, currencies used, exchange rate,beneficiary details, details and location of the merchant or ATMs associated with the transaction, IP address of sender and receiver, senders and receiver’s names and registration information, as well as other similar transaction information;
- Demographic information such as Your or Your child’s age, gender, nationality, country and other similar demographic information;
- Security information such as passwords, password hints, security questions and answers and other similar security information;
- Device and technical information such as IP address, unique device identifiers (such as the IMEI number for phones, the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface), device functionality (browser type and version, operating system and platform, hardware used, browser plug-in types and versions) and other similar device and technical information;
- Usage information such as the full uniform resource locators (URLs), information about page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), error reports and performance data (ie: details of the software or hardware related to an error, content of files You were using when an error occurred),troubleshooting and help data plus other similar usage information;
- Location information such as Your device location which may include a street name and city or GPS- location, ISP or your mobile carrier, the URL of both the site You came from and the one you go to next and other similar location information. We use GPS technology and Your IP address to determine Your location - this may be used when the application is running in the foreground and the background of Your device. This is used to prevent fraud, for instance if your phone is saying that You are based in the UK but Your card is being used to enter into an ATM withdrawal or point of sale purchase in France, we may not allow that transaction to be processed. Please also know that most devices allow You to prevent location information from being sent to us;
- Any other information You directly provide to us when filling out forms, corresponding with us (ie: email, conversations with Member Services by phone or chat sessions), filling out surveys, providing us with feedback and product reviews and other similar information.
You have choices about the Personal Data we collect. So, when You are asked to provide us with Your Personal Data, You always have the right not to do so. Please note however that if You choose not to provide us with Your Personal Data when prompted, You may not be able to use our Services.
We use Your Personal Data to provide You with safer and more reliable Services.
The Personal Data we collect from You is used for the following purposes:
- To provide You with our Services: we use Your data to process Your account application and authorize Your access to our Services, process Your payments and provide You with any other Services you request from us;
- To communicate with You: we use Your data to share important news relating to our Services. We offer regular emails including newsletters to let You know about our Services. From time to time we may also contact You to ask Your views on our Services, to fill out a survey, to send You marketing communications such as special offers and updates that we think will be of interest to You. We may contact You through email, notices posted on our website or app, text messages or push notifications. You may always change your communication preferences in your preference settings at any time and choose to hear a bit less or a bit more from us.
- To conduct research: we use Your data to conduct research for the further development and improvement of our Services. We also want to reassure You that should we sell Your data for research purposes, we will only do so if Your data is in aggregate format and we have a strong confidentiality agreement in place with the research entity (such as a university) that would allow us to have continuous oversight and approval of the use of Your aggregated data;
- To deliver relevant advertising to You;
- To help You: we use Your data to investigate and resolve complaints and services issues;
- To improve the Services offered on our website and make them more secure: we use Your data so we can provide You with the most user-friendly navigation experience we can, and if we think it’s necessary, for security purposes or to investigate possible fraud;
- To comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements; and
- To better understand our business: we use aggregate data to generate statistics about our users or the demographic distribution of visitors to our website. Note that aggregate is data combined from several measurements and doesn’t identify You.
How long will You retain my Personal data?
Your Personal Data is yours, and it will not be retained by us for longer than necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected, or for which it was further processed.
If You choose to close Your account, Your Personal Data will generally stop being visible on our Services within 24h. Your Personal Data may continue to be displayed in the services of others until they refresh their cache.
We retain Your Personal Data after You have closed Your account for the purposes for which it was originally collected, or for which it was further processed. If You want us to delete Your Personal Data completely, You can ask us to do so by writing on email@example.com.
We will then strive to delete Your Personal Data as soon as reasonably possible. Please note however that we may be required, as a company providing financial services, to retain some of Your Personal Data for up to five years to comply with our legal obligations under the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds Regulations 2017 (SI 2017/692). For example we are legally obliged to retain Your Personal Data to resolve future disputes, maintain security, or prevent fraud and abuse.